Didn’t get anywhere with my GSoC code today, so decided to start do some painting and doing the drawing challenge. Had some fun 🙂
Made the sketch in 8bit, and also did the flats in 8bit. Then went to 16bit int with linear space to do the mixing. Finally, overlaid the image with a slight pattern, set to overlay, and then converted to 8bit, to prevent banding artefacts. Ended up pretty well 🙂
Did some face-studies for character designs in Krita past week as a way to relax. I can´t stop detailing the woman, so I am posting now to stop myself.
Continue reading Some faces in Krita
I had intended to record a timelapse of her, but only saw after finishing it that I didn’t press ‘record’… Took about 1 hour and 20 minutes on this.
So, in the past few weeks, I spent some time hacking a new feature into Krita that I had wanted for a long time, and this monday I actually commited it. So, I figured it be best to make a little post about the new functionality.
Continue reading HSI and HSY for Krita’s advanced colour selector.
A full-body test of one of the test characters I use in my drawing tutorials.
I thought it be nice if she has a light dress over most of her armour, and then as she moves the dress gets caught in the wind, and the armour underneath becomes visible.
Playing with the settings of Krita brushes. Got a nice textured effect, so decided to do a drawing with it. Fire is a favourite subject of mine.
Some talk in the Krita IRC was about textured brush presets and lava, and somehow I ended up doodling this due to that.
I recorded the progress of this one for a perspective tutorial. But… I forgot the pauze hotkey for the screen recording program. So I ended up drawing 2ish hours non stop. My arms hurt now.
Not very clean, but I am relatively happy with it.
Krita doodle for the week.
first wanted to make a background, then had a composition problem: Dragon inserted to solve.
Some practice inspired half by a timelapse of a portrait and half by my annoyance I haven’t done expressions and flowers other than lilies much.