Study – Dude

 

A dude I drew a week ago in painttool sai. I wanted to try out someone with rather broad or muscular limbs.

Body-wise that went well, the face however is completely out of place. I didn’t pay too much attention to the feet or hands either.

I’m happy with the shadows and the weight of the person on the bed.

Tools: Painttool Sai 1.1, intuos 3 Painting size: A4, 300dpi.

Listen with the Heart

Ludology existensialistic lectures+KH obsession+Old comic book quote= This.

Basically, one of the old comicbooks I used to read, introduced me to the concept of listening with the heart.

Character 1: “You’re speaking a different language, yet I can understand you.”
Character 2: “That’s because I speak the language of the heart, a language that can be understood universally by all compassionate creatures.”

So yeah, the idea of understanding each other without using an in-between medium.

I got a new pen nib, and I had to get markers for school. And I figured I might as well try them out.

Tools: Copic Markers(Warm grey 1, 3, 5, and blender), Pen nib+oriental ink.

Canvas: Canson Bristol Board, A4-size.

Original posting date: 20th of january.

Appearance: clear!

Got most of the appearance done :)

I had to work out some weird stuff with the menu, because it was overlapping with itself. But I managed to fix it with some floats and display: table;‘s, so now it’s working fine :)

I also assigned all the elements fonts from the google-font directory, because I noticed the font looked different in ubuntu because windows and ubuntu don’t share common fonts. This difference was also a reason for my menu to be a bit bugged. But the change in fonts fixed that.

Furthermore, I got a nice thing going on with posts tagged Wordy: They will now have a width proportional to the font, because I figured having a smaller page-width on pages that are wordy would be a lot more pleasant to read.  I also made a tag Portefolio which I will attach to the thing I find worthy of my portefolio. I figured it would be much easier to manipulate then just a category.

Finally I installed a multi-lingual plug-in thing, but I haven’t had time to test it.

I managed to get my Visual Design stuff done, I’ll post up the rest of the texture study soon.

Started this website

Started working on this wordpress site.

Originally this is an assignment for one of my classes, business studies, a class focused on available technologies.

Today I managed to create certain role-groups with the help of a plug-in, ‘role-scoper’, and allow those roles to be able to have certain privileges. Like, for example, I have a special category named ‘schoolwork’, which can only be viewed by the family group and the teachers group. Similarly, there’s only certain pages that can be viewed by people who are able to contribute posts. The plug-in seems to be a bit buggy though, but nothing show-stopping. I have to assign roles through the user menu rather then the roles menu for them to work, but that’s all.

Tomorrow I’ll have to finish an assignment for concept development. I’ll probly be putting that down in schoolwork as well, I could even have my Visual Design stuff on here. I might be able to get to the appearance of the site done somewhere next week, as it requires me to battle the rss file. And then there’s a forum that needs to be put down there as well.

Oh well, all in a days work.