When we showed our story for the season changing puzzle game to our concept development lecturer, she suggested that we should make mother nature more native amarican, because the story is set in the west.
Again, this was done in inkscape. Generally, everyone seems to agree this Mother Nature looks better.
For our production house we made a game called Huey Hedgehog. The project wasn’t a succes due to the majority of the team not having the skills neccesary. The project got a 6 due to the art being so great. Of course, I did all the art.
The teachers were quite strict on this poster. They didn’t like my first one, so I was told to go back and make some different designs. Then when I came back with some thumbnails they were estatic. Mostly because I was apparantly the only student who actually seemed to know what thumbnails were, but I regress. They were even more estatic about the final product. Pity that the game didn’t actually get finished.
Ludology existensialistic lectures+KH obsession+Old comic book quote= This.
Basically, one of the old comicbooks I used to read, introduced me to the concept of listening with the heart.
Character 1: “You’re speaking a different language, yet I can understand you.”
Character 2: “That’s because I speak the language of the heart, a language that can be understood universally by all compassionate creatures.”
So yeah, the idea of understanding each other without using an in-between medium.
I got a new pen nib, and I had to get markers for school. And I figured I might as well try them out.
I had to work out some weird stuff with the menu, because it was overlapping with itself. But I managed to fix it with some floats and display: table;‘s, so now it’s working fine 🙂
I also assigned all the elements fonts from the google-font directory, because I noticed the font looked different in ubuntu because windows and ubuntu don’t share common fonts. This difference was also a reason for my menu to be a bit bugged. But the change in fonts fixed that.
Furthermore, I got a nice thing going on with posts tagged Wordy: They will now have a width proportional to the font, because I figured having a smaller page-width on pages that are wordy would be a lot more pleasant to read. I also made a tag Portefolio which I will attach to the thing I find worthy of my portefolio. I figured it would be much easier to manipulate then just a category.
Finally I installed a multi-lingual plug-in thing, but I haven’t had time to test it.
I managed to get my Visual Design stuff done, I’ll post up the rest of the texture study soon.